Updating your apps gives you access to the latest features and improves security. Here’s how to update apps on your iPhone.
Checkout this video:
Updating apps on your iPhone is usually a simple process. You’ll need to open the App Store, and then tap on the “Updates” tab at the bottom of the screen. If there are apps with updates available, they’ll be listed at the top of this page. Simply tap the “Update All” button to install all available updates, or select individual apps to update them one by one.
What’s new in the latest update?
If you’ve updated your iPhone to iOS 11, you may have noticed that the App Store looks different. Not to worry, though: Updating apps is stillmade easy because the process is now built right into iTunes on your desktop or laptop computer.
How to update your iPhone app
To update your iPhone app, open the App Store and tap the Updates icon at the bottom of the screen. You will see a list of apps that need to be updated. Tap the Update button next to the app you want to update.
Why you should update your apps
iOS apps are updated regularly to fix bugs and improve performance. App developers also take advantage of updates to introduce new features that weren’t available in the previous version. For example, Instagram recently released an update that includes a new Boomerang feature for creating short, looping videos.
It’s important to keep your apps up-to-date for two reasons:
1. App developers are constantly working to improve the user experience and fix bugs. By updating your apps, you’ll get access to the latest and greatest features and bug fixes.
2. Outdated apps can be a security risk. App developers regularly release updates that patch security holes. If you don’t update your apps, you could be leaving your device vulnerable to attack.
To update your iOS apps:
1. Open the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad and tap the Updates tab at the bottom of the screen.
2. You’ll see a list of all the apps on your device that have updates available. Tap Update All to install all available updates, or tap an individual app to install just that update.
What happens if you don’t update your apps
If you don’t update your apps, you might miss out on features that could make them more useful, productive, or entertaining. Newer versions of apps might also contain security updates that protect you from malware or other vulnerabilities.
How to find out which apps need updating
iOS apps are updated regularly to fix bugs and introduce new features. To keep your apps up to date, turn on automatic updates. If you can’t automatic updates, you can manually update apps.
If an app needs updating, it appears with an Update label next to it. To update the app, tap the Update button. The button turns into an Installing label while the update is installing. You might need to enter your Apple ID password to complete the install. If you have a lot of apps with updates available, you can update them all at once by tapping Update All.
Updating apps manually
If you want to update an app on your iPhone, you can do so either through the App Store app or through the Settings app. Updating through the App Store is the more common method, but if an app is particularly large or you want to update multiple apps at once, you might prefer to use the Settings method. Keep in mind that you will need a Wi-Fi connection to update apps using either method.
Automatically updating apps
One of the ways to automatically update apps on your iPhone is to use the built-in App Store feature. This can be done by opening the App Store application and selecting the Updates icon at the bottom of the screen. Then, select Update All to install all available updates, or tap Update next to specific apps to only update those ones.
Deleting old versions of apps
It’s important to keep your apps up to date, especially if you’re using them for work or other sensitive activities. But if you have an older iPhone, you might not be able to update all of your apps. Here’s how to delete old versions of apps and make room for new ones.
1. Tap and hold the app icon until it jiggles.
2. Tap the “x” that appears on the app icon.
3. Tap Delete to confirm that you want to delete the app and all of its data.
4. Repeat this process for each app that you want to delete.
Troubleshooting app update problems
If you’re having trouble updating an app, try these troubleshooting tips:
– Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the Internet.
– Restart your iPhone.
– Check for a new version of the app:
– In the App Store, tap Updates. If an update is available, tap Update. If you don’t see an Update button, the app is up to date.
– Update your device to the latest version of iOS:
– Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
– If you still can’t update the app, delete it and then re-download it from the App Store.