If you’re a Lightroom user, you know that it’s a powerful tool for organizing and editing your photos. But did you know that you can also use it to add duplicate photos?
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to add a duplicate in Lightroom so you can keep two copies of the same photo. This is especially useful if you want to make edits to one copy without affecting the other.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be a pro
Checkout this video:
Adding a duplicate in Lightroom is a quick and easy way to create an exact copy of an image. This can be useful if you want to experiment with different editing techniques or make slight changes to an image without affecting the original.
To add a duplicate in Lightroom, first select the image you want to copy. Then, go to the Library module and click on the Add Duplicate button. This will create an identical copy of the image which you can then edit independently.
Why Add a Duplicate in Lightroom?
There are a few reasons why you might want to add a duplicate in Lightroom:
-If you want to make changes to one image but keep the original untouched, you can make a duplicate and edit the duplicate. This way, you always have the original to fall back on.
-If you want to create a version of an image in black and white or in a different color scheme, you can make a duplicate and edit the duplicate.
-If you want to crop an image differently, you can make a duplicate and edit the duplicate.
Making duplicates is easy to do in Lightroom and only takes a few seconds. Here’s how:
1. Select the image or images that you want to duplicate.
2. Right-click on one of the selected images and choose “Create Duplicate” from the menu that appears.
3. A new window will appear asking you where you want to save the duplicate. Choose your destination and click “Create Duplicate” again.
4. The duplicated image(s) will now appear in your Lightroom Library alongside the originals.
How to Add a Duplicate in Lightroom
Creating a duplicate image in Lightroom is a fairly simple process. Just follow the steps below:
1. Select the image you want to duplicate.
2. Right-click on the image and select “Duplicate.”
3. A new window will pop up asking you to confirm the duplication. Click “OK.”
4. The duplicate image will now appear in your Library alongside the original image.
That’s it! You should now have a duplicate of your photo in Lightroom. If you need to make any changes to the duplicate, you can do so by right-clicking on the image and selecting “Edit in…”.